When I first started shooting back in 2011, I never thought I would be interested in teaching (never say never, ha! 😉). I’ve always felt that it was a huge responsibility (and still do) because I didn’t want to teach someone the wrong thing and wanted to feel comfortable in my craft before showing someone else how to shoot.
But after getting asked by a few people recently to teach them some basic photography skills I realized that I actually enjoy it. It was also fun getting to brush up on some photography skills and lingo that I hadn’t thought about but comes second nature now.
So, I got to thinking…why not start a photography mentoring session? Plus, I’ve been having this urge + call to help others so this is a great way to do that.
Here’s what it will include (session will be split up into three parts):
- 3-4 hours with me (but be prepared to spend the whole day with me! Haha)
- 1st part of our session:
- will include a Q/A session – we’ll go over any questions you have with regards to Photography so make sure to come with questions!
- You’ll get new head shots
- The 2nd part of our session:
- we’ll spend shooting an actual session. You get to see how I work + learn some photography techniques that I use (posing, lighting, in camera settings, etc.). And, you’ll get to use the photos for your portfolio.
- Final part of your session: Bring your laptop so we can go over editing the photos after and any questions you have with post processing.
Of course if you have questions after your session, feel free to email me afterwards. The Q/A is not limited to only your session but I wanted to be able to provide a more intimate one-on-one setting for learning. I prefer it that way myself.
I’ll cater the mentoring session to the type of session you want to learn (i.e. couples, lifestyle, etc.). We’ll discuss that at time of booking. Mentoring sessions start at $579.
Please get in touch for more info. Looking forward to hearing from you! ♥
P.S. I’m hosting a giveaway on my Instagram @lovejanetphoto. Enter to win a mentoring session with me. 🙂